Driven by noble energy !
The sense of freedom, the rushing wind and water: experiencing the sea on a yacht moving in perfect harmony with nature is a passionate experience.Since 2007, the same passion has been driving Solbian to produce Solbianflex photovoltaic panels: innovative, flexible, light and highly efficient. They provide energy where it is needed, a natural and environmentally-friendly source. Giovanni Soldini was one of the first sailors to choose Solbianflex panels for his adventurous oceanic crossings, testing their quality and reliability in the harsh conditions on board. Solbianflex panels are particularly suited to sailing yachts, but they are equally suited to applications in electric mobility, caravans and campers, trekking, tents and mountain huts, emergency structures and building integrated projects.
Many good reasons for choosing Solbian:
- Because we guarantee the quality of the product and its duration in time.
- Because our panels are very resilient, thin (less than 2 mm) and extraordinarily flexible, able to adapt to curved surfaces, such as the deck of a boat.
- Because our panels are ultra-lightweight: only 2.1 kg per square meter, compared to 12 kg and more of traditional panels.
- Because we manufacture the SP series, with the most efficient solar cells on the market: high power even in very small dimensions.
- Because the ease of installation, both permanent and removable, is one of the strengths of Solbian: from structural adhesive to steel eyelets, all the different fixing methods provide easy installation.
- Because we offer a wide range of accessories, designed and manufactured for the marine industry.
- Because Solbian panels have been tested in extreme conditions by great heroes of sailing: Giovanni Soldini, Sébastien Roubinet, Alessandro Di Benedetto and many others.
- Because our products are certified according to IEC 61215, IEC 61730 and IEC 61701 (salt mist). Solbian has also obtained ISO 9001 Quality, OHSAS 18001 Safety and ISO 14001 Environmental certifications.
- Solbian’s manufacturing is in Avigliana, in the Province of Turin, Italy. Its plant is certified according to ISO 9001 (quality), OHSAS 18001 (safety) and ISO 14001 (environment).
- Solbianflex products are certified according to IEC 61215 and IEC 61730 (certification obtained in 2011 and renewed in 2015, having improved some of the materials). The modules undergo the necessary control procedures related to these certifications, and in particular each module is checked visually and measured electrically in a class A solar simulator (calibrated monthly). All data are stored for traceability.
- The cells used in the SP series products are top quality SunPowerTM cells. The cells used in the SXp series are provided by leading Korean and Taiwanese companies.
- All polymers are supplied by European suppliers. Four of these polymers are customised and produced under Solbian Specifications.
- The Junction Boxes, the cables and the connectors are supplied by Hirschmann Automotive (Austria), and Multicontact, the company which created the Standard for connectors (MC4 and MC3).
- The electronics that equip the ALLinONE series and the Energy Flyer has been developed by Solbian and the circuits are manufactured in Italy, just as the various plastic and metal details that protect the electronics, the frames and the boxes for packaging.
- The charge controllers offered by Solbian have been selected among the best on the market and are produced in Italy, in the USA and by European companies.
- What makes Solbianflex panels innovative? The answer is simple: they are manufactured by encapsulating photovoltaic cells between polymer layers, without using protective glass. Solbian is not the only one to have followed this path, but it is the first to have developed a flexible, lightweight photovoltaic module using crystalline silicon cells, robust enough to pass the stringent tests of the IEC certifications (61215 and 62730): a result already obtained in 2011.
- Solbian uses the best crystalline silicon cells from quality suppliers, like many other module manufacturers. However, the various polymer layers that encapsulate and protect the cells are an exclusive patented recipe, kept secret like all great industrial recipes. A recipe elaborated and improved over five years and constantly evolving to keep pace with technology.
- Eight layers of polymers and various surface treatments constitute the shell within which the very fragile crystalline cells (less than 0.2 mm thick) are transformed into a flexible, lightweight, and robust panel.
- Besides continuous improvement of its photovoltaic modules, Solbian has always been involved in the development of the electronics, both through close cooperation with partners and by developing its own solar charge controllers.